Highly sought and seldom found, this very traditional, mid 1940â??s gable home is rich in the history of Toowoombaâ??s working class. Painstakingly renovated, the current owners have enjoyed a 13 year tenure and have left nothing undone in effort to deliver what was always to be their forever home.
An Australian native themed garden welcomes you on arrival and is the underlying theme of this property. A recycled brick path leads you to the steps of the front verandah. With its north facing aspect, this is the first of many wonderful spaces where you can relax and enjoy a view.
On entering through the front door the charm and character of the home is imminent. A beautiful blend of VJ walls, themed fretwork and original press metal ceilings provide a stunning experience of period features. In an effort to keep uniformity, spotted gum timber floors were used throughout the home and further tie the more recent extensions to the property.
Traditional in its floorplan, the 3 large bedrooms are positioned at the front of the home. All the rooms are equal in proportions and all are equipped with ceiling fans. The master bedroom offers another room through a set of French doors; a huge wall of storages sets this up for a huge walk-in-robe, office or even a newborn nursery.
The central living room will warm your soul; both figuratively and literally. As the history and character continues, a sense of romance is bought into the room courtesy of a wood burner fire place. Seems like winter just became your new best friendâ?¦
Located towards the southern end of the home is the kitchen and dining. The focus here was, again to keep the character of the home, but to ensure all of todayâ??s modern luxuries were accounted for. Gas cooking, split draw dishwasher and stone bench tops are fine additions to any home; including this one! Furthermore, 20,000 litres of tank water has been plumbed to house - 1x10,000L tank, 1x4,000L tank under the house and 2x 3,000L tanks up side of the house plus 1x3000L tank off the shed with its own pump â?? ensuring your town water consumption remains at an absolute minimum.
A set of bi-folds doors off the dining open onto one impressive entertainment area. The gabled ceilings add volume to an already expansive footprint and the space is incredibly versatile. A mix of plantation shutters & all-weather (clear) blinds guarantee your year round entertaining. Further luxuries out here include a wall-mounted heater, hard wired speaker system and an outdoor kitchen prep-space.
And finally, the back garden. The native themed has continued out here, though in a much more subtle and less imposing fashion. The neighbouring trees provide a much welcomed and filtered western view from the garden; ensuring summer sunsets maintain their status of beauty.
A powered single bay shed and single carport provide 2 covered car options, while a paved area beside the shed offers multiple use options; be it another entertaining area, a hard surface for the children to bounce a ball or a place to park the caravan, boat or jetski.
A summary of the homeâ??s features:
- Quality kitchen featuring stone bench tops, stainless steel gas cooking and split dishwasher
- Huge family bathroom with separate shower and spa bath
- 3 Bedrooms and possible 4th bedroom / study / walk in robe with potential for ensuite conversion if desired
- Ceiling fans throughout the home + air conditioning in the kitchen/dining and wood heater in the living room
- An abundance of storage options throughout, including in the laundry and underneath the home and back deck
- Re-plumbed, re-wired, re-roofed, re-stumped â?? seriously everything has been done!
- Fully insulated â?? roof and floors
- Single carport and single garage (with power)
- Paved area beside the shed which is enough room for a caravan or boat, etc.
- Separate driveway with automatic gates for access to the rear yard
- 1.6KW Solar system
- 20,000L of rainwater tanks plumbed through the house which can be easily switched over to town water if the tanks are empty
- 3,000L tank off the shed with separate pump â?? suitable for garden irrigation
- Crimsafe security screens throughout the whole home (except for bi-fold doors)
- Beautiful Australian native themed garden with minimal maintenance required, attracting native birds
RealWay Property Partners is proud to present to you 10 Adam Street, North Toowoomba. To describe it in just a few short words, this is the quintessential family home. To arrange a viewing, please call Cooper Watson on 0427 557 654 or join us at the next open house.